- Installs client software, establishes and maintains access rights, backup data, and provide support for the MEPC computer systems and programs.
- Responsible for maintenance and backup of the Company’s internal servers, weekly full and daily incremental backup
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping the Company’s telecommunication systems running with minimum downtime
- Responsible for maintaining switches, router and firewall.
- Ensure to provide timely and efficient troubleshooting and maintenance of all computer and telecommunication systems, installation and update of anti-virus software, print and fax services, and internet and intranet systems.
- Ensure that all the security and anti-virus patches are deployed.
- Responsible for maintenance support for all Company desktop and laptop computers, and servers
- Evaluates new hardware and software to meet company requirements
- Maintains inventory of company assets and ensure these assets are returned or accounted for when an employee terminates his employment
- Troubleshoots problems with networks and peripheral equipment, including troubleshooting problems with hardware, software, and networking
- Installs and maintains network systems and related peripheral equipment; performs basic network administration and security functions ensuring system integrity and security
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with specialized and dedicated technology systems; implements solutions or notifies the Manager as required
- Assists users by recommending purchases including assessing their needs and providing justification for equipment and services
- Assists the Manager in preparing the budget by researching the costs of software and hardware related to the MEPC computer systems
- Assists the IT Manager in preparing the IT Department budget and monitoring the approved expenditures appropriately
- Maintains the company website www.mepcsa.com and ensure its continuous availability on-line and respond to feedback received from website visitors.
- Briefs the Manager on a regular basis on the status of the computer systems, repairs, and associated costs and downtime.
- Provides a report to the IT Manager about any critical condition on the PC’s or servers when required
MCSA, CCNP, Computer Network Operations, Networking