Duties & Responsibilities:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders.
- Setup, adjust and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Fabricate (if required) holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments for mounting parts/ materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machine process.
- Select the appropriate cutting tools and materials required for carrying out the specified machining.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency and submit recommendations for improvement.
- Set controls to regulate machining or enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control data.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products using a variety of metalworking machines.
Mechanical Aptitude, CNC Operation, CNC Machine