Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and schedule purchase orders to meet production schedule Maintain the Excel-based MRP tool.
- Proactively manage purchase orders to ensure order fulfillment, backorders, shortages, amendments, and/or materials do not delay the production.
- Manage flow of material between supplier and plant to ensure material is available for production and communicate any changes accordingly.
- Ensure inventory meets the demands and expedite/de-expedite material to prevent shortages/overages.
- Monthly analyses for supplier performance.
- Follow up with all suppliers on status update.
- Prepare Return on Sales (ROS) report.
- Maintain purchase order data, current vendor data and pricing in the ERP System.
- Coordinate with the MRP Supervisor to ensure that material requirements are identified in collaboration with the Production and Engineering departments.
- Coordinate with the MRP Supervisor to ensure that the accuracy of the information input into the MEPC Job Scope computer production material tracking system.
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the department are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent.
• Previous experience of materials planning and managing the smooth supply of materials in line with production requirements and budget.
• At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in the same role.
• High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and the good understanding of supply chain management or expert knowledge of a specialist area
• Understanding of supplier relationships and experience of working with suppliers
• Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar
• Knowledge of lean techniques, six sigma or other related training certification is an advantage.
• Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
• Project management skills
Excellent attention to detail skills