Duties & Responsibilities :
· Write and Edit Contracts
One of the main responsibilities is to write and edit contracts between the company and potential clients. Writing contracts often require specific terminology and style, both of which contract specialists know and understand in depth.
· Evaluate Other Contracts
Legal & Contract specialists may not be involved in the creation of every contract created for the company. However, they usually evaluate contracts they didn’t create. When evaluating contracts, contract specialists take special care to understand everything in the contract and report on their findings to upper management.
· Negotiate with Clients
Once the contract has been written, MEPC and the client transition into a negotiation phase. Responsible for leading the negotiations with the client and may need to travel to the client’s location to perform negotiations if needed.
· Research Legislation and Regulations
Contracts are regulated by legislation and regulations, which often differ depending on the projects or industry. He/ She should research legislation and regulations to ensure that the contracts are current and in compliance.
· Build Relationships with Vendors and Contractors
Should build relationships with vendors and contractors who may do the work outlined in the contract. This is important because clients often require contract specialists to list specific vendors and contractors directly in the contract
• Education- University Degree preferably with Legal qualification or equivalent and 2 years’ experience.
• Understanding of contract language – Should possess an intimate knowledge of legal & contract language and style guides.
• Negotiation skills – Negotiating both in-person and through written communication with clients; should understand where to stand their ground while keeping both the company and client’s best interests in mind simultaneously
• Writing and editing skills – Writing contracts clearly and concisely, editing for clarity, as needed. Ability to interpret and apply complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Knowledge of content and format of legal documents. Knowledge of legal terminology and syntax, and of the content, organization, and format of legal documents and correspondence.
• Relationship management – managing relationships with upper management, clients, and vendors is an essential skill, as well as managing conflict between these parties
• Interpersonal communication skills – Will work directly with a variety of people negotiating complex contracts, which requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be fluent in English, Arabic & knowledge of legal terminologies.
• Tools of the Trade
Successful Legal & contract specialist candidates should be familiar with the following tools:
Word processing tools (Word, Pages, Google Docs)
Contract management software (e.g. Agiloft, Updraft, Concord)
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint or MS Access