- Ensures that MEPC is in compliance with safety in accordance with international safety standards including: Environmental Health and Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration ,Environmental Protection Agency and International Standardization Organization
- Ensure compliance with international shipping regulations and their respective safety standards including: International Air Transport Association (IATA), Air Transport Association ATA 300, Military Defense Standard 81-41 and other manuals and regulatory standard as required.
- Develops, implements and monitors a viable Chemical Reduction Plan to reduce all solids, liquids and gaseous/vapor wastes, develop all supporting documents and ensure waste management companies are approved and certified.
- Develops, implements, monitors and manage the following programs: MEPC Potential Hazard/Near Miss and Incidental Reporting, SMS Safety Management System, Chemical Reduction Plan, Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), Hazard Communication (Chemicals), Logout/Tagout (LOTO), Crane and Forklift Operation, Fire and Attack Prevention, Emergency Response and Evacuation Plan, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation and all other programs required by regulatory agencies.
- Perform continuous audits of the total facility including but not limited to shop floor, warehouse,
- Develop and maintain an updated safety standards, policy and procedures that are in line with regulatory requirements and Ensure that all MEPC staffs are updated of any changes.
- Ensure that all MEPC staff comply with the Safety policy and procedures; and report violation to concerned department head and quality assurance.
- Plan and execute emergency drill periodically in accordance with the established policies to ensure that all staffs are aware of the evacuation procedure and that evacuation plans are executed safely and efficiently.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science, Safety Management, Industrial Engineer
* OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH Certificates is preferable.
• Related experience in the field of safety.
• Knowledge of safety within the Aviation industry and operations and standard procedures.
• Must be able to work effectively under great pressure and emergency.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with contractors and other external providers.
• Ability to schedule workload, set priorities and manage time in order to complete assignments and fulfill responsibilities
• Makes suggestions to improve the resources that pertain to incumbent job responsibilities.