1. The incumbent performs a daily check on cleaning solutions, equipment and tools, report deficiency and request corrections from the concerned department.
2. The incumbent performs elementary visual inspections to verify the part number and serial number for comparing with work orders and set-ups.
3. The incumbent performs bearings cleaning following specifications of the customer, the military and/or in-house requirements
4. The incumbent performs visual and dimensional inspections on all kinds of bearings to verify for conformance to specifications and any defects that would be cause for rejection of parts.
5. The incumbent inspects components and assemblies following specifications of the customer, the military and/or in-house requirements for proper cleanliness and lubrication, use of preservatives and the proper marking of bearings and packing/ containers specified.
6. The incumbent performs visual and dimensional inspections on other engine parts if needed to verify for conformance to specifications and any defects that would be cause for rejection of parts.
7. The incumbent fills out the required charts, forms and reports.
8. The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job Required Skills
• Diploma or University Degree in, Mechanical or equivalent.
• Combination of Technical Education and experience will be considered.
• Requires minimum of 3 years of progressively similar position.
• able to interpret documents such as contracts, operating maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and safety rules
• able to use a computer and be able to work with software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required
• Strong Communication Skills; able to provide clear and concise information using all mediums of communication:
• Must possess strong computer and organizational skills required to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
• Ability to get along well with co-workers.
• Previous inspection experience required.
• Ability to adapt to changes at a moment’s notice and realign priorities to best serve the goals of the department